Hill House Farm - Past and Present
Hill House Farm originally had rather Bacchanalian connections, as it was called 'Alehouse Farm' until around 1910! It was described on 1850's documents as a 'public house and garden' and the owner's occupation given as 'publikan' (well, it does explain the well-worn steps leading up from the cellar!).
Hill House Farm has been in the family since the 1940's, when 120 cows were milked. It continued as a working dairy farm until 1988, when the land was sold and the farm became a centre for equestrian uses. The stables were refurbished and an all-weather arena built.
The stable yard is now a lovely combination of traditional Cheshire brick and modern facilities - have a look at the Horse Riding page for details.
The farmhouse is built of lovely Cheshire brick, and has tremendous views out over the surrounding countryside. The gardens are quite extensive, and are a wonderful place to sit and relax - they are in the sun for almost the entire day.
To see some views of the farmhouse, stables and gardens click on Picture Gallery.